Friday, November 15, 2013

Eleanor and Park- Review



Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under. 
 
I just finished this book and it was jaw dropping. I love that it took a while before Eleanor and Park were comfortable with each other and they way they began their relationship. Rainbow Rowell managed to take the teenage school bus experience and translate it into book form. On the school bus I, personally was more of a Park (Friendly but definitely not the life of the party), but I saw my fair share of Eleanor's and every school bus had a Steve.

My heart went out to Eleanor in more ways than one. Her family life broke my heart, it's never easy reading about things like that especially the toward the end *shiver*. However, I fell in love with Eleanor's personality, it was so real. She was smart, witty, self conscious, and kind of snarky, she's not stylish, she doesn't have a ton of confidence, and she made plenty of mistakes, in short, she's like a real person.

The story had an ending that was sad and realistic, so it makes you want to cry and hug Rainbow Rowell for being brilliant all at the same time.

Love this book!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment