Monday, December 28, 2015

Review: The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong

24733600
Publisher:Doubleday Canada
Publication Date: October 13, 2015
Rating: 1 star
Riley Vasquez is haunted by the brutal murder of the couple she was babysitting for.

Max Cross is suffering under the shadow of a life-altering diagnosis he doesn’t dare reveal.

The last thing either of them wants is to spend a weekend away at a therapy camp alongside five other teens with “issues.” But that’s exactly where they are when three masked men burst in to take the group hostage.

The building has no windows. The exits are sealed shut. Their phones are gone. And their captors are on a killing spree.

Riley and Max know that if they can’t get out, they’ll be next—but they’re about to discover that even escape doesn’t equal freedom.
(Goodreads)


I love Kelley Armstrong. I've read her entire Women of the Otherworld series and her two YA trilogies that take place in the same world and I devoured them. But I couldn't even make it to page 100. This book was ridiculous. The kids kept saying the same thing over and over they was so much silly internal monologue that I didn't know what to do. I didn't feel sorry for anyone. I had no sympathy for any of these characters and without that, why both reading the book.

Snaps on the main character being Latina though!





I quit. But don't worry Kelly, I still love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment