54 Reading Questions
I saw these on YA Book Nerd's page. I though they were fun.
1. Favorite childhood book? Animorphs
· 2. What are you reading right now? Unravel Me
· 3. What books do you have on request at the library? It hasn’t come out yet but when Cress comes out, I’m first on the list for it.
· 4. Bad book habit? Taking out more books than I can read
· 5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? Star Crossed, Unravel Me, How to Love, and The Assassins Curse
· 6. Do you have an e-reader? Yup, I’m on my 3rd Nook, not because I broke them or anything, I’ve just been upgrading
· 7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? I take several at a time, but I may only bounce back and forth between two books before one of them hooks me.
· 8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? No, not really but I’m still a new blogger.
· 9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far)? Wake Up Missing
· 10. Favorite book you’ve read this year? Altered
· 11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? Honestly, not often, I’m more likely to listen to an audio book of something that’s outside of my comfort zone.
· 12. What is your reading comfort zone? YA books, or Adult paranormal books. I’m not big into Juvenile, or adult contemporary (unless it’s Janet Evanovich, or Kristin Higgins)
· 13. Can you read on the bus? Yup
· 14. Favorite place to read? Couch
· 15. What is your policy on book lending? Only to good friends that I know will take care of them
· 16. Do you ever dog-ear books? No
· 17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books? No
· 18. Not even with text books? Only in college
· 19. What is your favourite language to read in? English
· 20. What makes you love a book? Strong characters
· 21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? Great characters and plot
· 22. Favorite genre? Urban fantasy, contemporary, romance (but not too mushy)
· 23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)? Nonfiction or Historical Fiction
· 24. Favorite biography? I don’t really have one
· 25. Have you ever read a self-help book? Yes, What Color is Your Parachute, and He’s Just Not That Into You
· 26. Favourite cookbook? My mom J
· 27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)? I don’t really have one
· 28. Favorite reading snack? Triscuits, Humus, Tea
· 29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience. I don’t know that hype has ruined an experience, but I read Twilight because everyone was talking about it, and yeah, not impressed. Not even a little bit.
· 30. How often do you agree with critics about a book? Not often, but I don’t really listen to critics, I listen to friends, coworkers, and bloggers
· 31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I’ll give my honest opinion, but I’ll try to do it in a nice way, and I’ll always mentions things that I liked as well.
· 32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose? Spanish. It would be so helpful.
· 33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? Nothing I can remember
· 34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin? Still can’t think of anything.
· 35. Favorite Poet? I’m not big into poetry. Dr.Seuss??
· 36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time? 10 to 12
· 37. How often have you returned books to the library unread? All the time, including today.
· 38. Favorite fictional character? Currently Shane from Morganville, but’s it’s just because I’m reading that series right now.
· 39. Favorite fictional villain? Right now… Warren from Shatter Me.
· 40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation? Romance books or anything YA
· 41. The longest I’ve gone without reading. A day, but it was because I was really sick and slept for like 20 hours.
· 42. Name a book that you could/would not finish. Wicked. There was just too much going on.
· 43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? People having a conversation that I want to join (but if I don’t care what they’re saying I can ignore them).
· 44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? The Lovely Bones (it was different, but I liked it anyway)
· 45. Most disappointing film adaptation? My Sisters Keeper, they just should have ended the movie the way they ended the book.
· 46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time? Estimation: for myself, $50, not sure about gifts
· 47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Never
· 48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through? Didn't connect to the book
· 49. Do you like to keep your books organized? Yeah, from favorite to least favorite
· 50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? Keep
· 51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding? Takedown Twenty. I hoped that it would be the end of the series (although I LOVE it) and apparently it isn’t.
· 52. Name a book that made you angry. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. It’s not that I hated the book or anything. It’s that the main character should have been much more mature for a senior in high school and I just didn’t feel it.
· 53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did? Bomb
· 54. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading? Regency Romances