Monday, January 18, 2016

Review: Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon

13455542
Publisher: HarperCollins
Date published: August 28, 2012
Rating: 3 Stars

Sixteen-year-old Noa has been a victim of the system ever since her parents died. Now living off the grid and trusting no one, she uses her hacking skills to stay anonymous and alone. But when she wakes up on a table in a warehouse with an IV in her arm and no memory of how she got there, Noa starts to wish she had someone on her side.

Enter Peter Gregory. A rich kid and the leader of a hacker alliance, Peter needs people with Noa’s talents on his team. Especially after a shady corporation threatens his life in no uncertain terms. But what Noa and Peter don’t realize is that Noa holds the key to a terrible secret, and there are those who’d stop at nothing to silence her for good.
(Goodreads)

 
I chose this book when I was desperate for an audio book to listen to at work and I wasn't super picky about what it was. This book is very fast pace and action packed. There are chase scenes, I think gun fire, conspiracies, people breaking down doors, and other randomness. I'd say this book was very entertaining and great for reluctant readers. I started listening to the second one but other things took priority. It's a fun book but not very deep. There wasn't much character development and, it's not that I didn't like Noa, I just also didn't care to much what was going on with her, aside from not wanting the main character to die. That's about it. This book was a solid three stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment