Monday, January 6, 2014

Manga Monday #1 Ouran High School Host Club Vol. 1


1087204











One day, Haruhi, a scholarship student at exclusive Ouran High School, breaks an $80,000 vase that belongs to the 'Host Club', a mysterious campus group consisting of six super-rich (and gorgeous) guys. To pay back the damages, she is forced to work for the club, and it's there that she discovers just how wealthy the boys are and how different they are from everybody else.(goodreads.com)

 My guilty pleasure! We have a middle class girl (but no one knows she a girl at first) who becomes indebted to the Host Club after knocking over a vase. The Host Club members have Haruhi working as an "errand boy" at first, picking up coffee, and acting as a waiter, but when Haruhi turns out to be a charmer with the ladies, her position in the Host Club changes and she becomes a host herself, which would be fine except all of the girls think she's a boy.

We begin to get a feel for the other members of the Host Club and their off the wall personalities, and some future plot lines. Our characters are:
Haruhi
Tamaki
Kyoya
Hikaru and Kaoru
Honey
Mori

Each character is so vastly different and eccentric I can't wait to see where this series goes. (Well I've watched the show so I have some idea, but I can already tell there are things in the Manga that aren't in the Anime.)

2 comments:

  1. Now this is a series I know well. I love Ouran High. Tamaki was always my favorite I guess because he has a flair for the overdramatic and does everything over the top and with such passion. I also had to pick up the anime on DVD which I devoured quickly. I'm sad that there is no more, but you have a really good series ahead of you.

    Enjoy!

    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually own the DVD's but I've a couple books in and there are already things that weren't in the Anime. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete