Thursday, August 14, 2014

Review: Reflected in You by Sylvia Day

13596809
Publisher: Berkley Books
Pub. Date: October 23, 2012
Format: Paperback
Genre: New Adult (Adult)/ Erotica
Source: Barnes and Noble

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...
(Goodreads)

 
I must say that I'm still impressed with how I've taken to these books, but this one was a bit more disturbing than the first one. Reflected to You, picks up the day after the first one. Gideon and Eva are nuts. I'm not sure if they should be together or not. Eva has done wonders for Gideon. When he's with her, he can be the person he probably would have been if his child hood wasn't stolen from him. In turn Gideon has also helped Eva learn not to run from all of her problems. She wants so badly to be with him that she's learned to fight and trust.

Plot twist. Everything is a mess. Gideon has such control issues that I don't even know what to do with myself. He has his driver follow her around for goodness sake, he knows what she's doing at all times. It's creepy. On the flip side, she's so important to him that the idea of something happening to her is enough to drive him insane. He obviously needs to find a happy medium, but you can't be too mad at him because all of this stems from his past. I'm lucky enough to have had a pretty normal childhood, I have no idea what Gideon and real people like him must have to deal with day in and day out, so I can't judge his actions. (I actually wonder how Sylvia Day did her research for the character of Gideon??) That being said it was rather hard not to judge his actions after the weekend they spent together. I don't know if he did what Eva thinks he did, and I have to say, I really don't care, but he put her through hell and back. I don't fault Eva for reacting the way she did. I would have done the same thing. But it squished my heart to see them fighting. I love them to much!!! Even though they're probably pretty bad for each other, they're working on it.

Cary!!!!! Why Sylvia, why did you do what you did. He didn't deserve that.

Other random supporting cast, Mark, Steven, Shawna, Megumi, I love all of them. I like that we get to see more of Eva's life away from Gideon, although it also kind of hurts.

Brett, what in the world is going to happen there. I can hardly stand it.

4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment