Thursday, October 9, 2014

Review: Forget Me by K.A. Harrigonton

18311425
On the three-month anniversary of her boyfriend Flynn’s death, Morgan uploads her only photo of him to FriendShare to get some closure—but she’s shocked when the facial recognition software suggests she tag him as "Evan Murphy." She’s never heard of Evan, but a quick search tells her that he lives in a nearby town and looks exactly like Flynn. Only this boy is very much alive.

Digging through layers of secrets and lies, Morgan is left questioning everything she thought she knew about her boyfriend, her town, and even her parents' involvement in this massive web of lies.
(Goodreads)


I'm honestly not sure what to say here. The description of the book hooked me, a dead boyfriend who may be alive, but then the guy you thought was him was actually someone who looked like him. Very Twilight Zone. I thought the book might swing SyFy, or possibly Dystopian, or weird science experiments like in Altered. Nope, nope, nope, I was all wrong, and in that aspect I liked the book. It's rare that I'm taken totally by surprise. However, the ending was so random and out there that I'm not sure what to think. Sometimes, I think, that was cool and creative, other times I think, you were trying just a liiiiiiitle, bit to hard there buddy. You don't have to force mysteries and plot twists on us.

I didn't connect with the characters here as much as I would have liked, the central plot line the of story focused on why Evan looked almost exactly like Flynn, and what happened to him. It was a good quick read that I would suggest to many of my teens, particularly the reluctant readers. The book started with such a bang (literally) that I think the kids would be quickly drawn to it.

3 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment