Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ahhhh! Grad School

Terror, that's what I feel when I think about my Culmination Experience class. When I first learned of this culminating experience my plan was to do a practicum, I'd spend 150 hours working in a library gaining first hand experience and I'd be able to add a little extra padding to my resume. It was the greatest idea ever, but then I got a full time job. I love my job, and I love that I was lucky enough to find a job in my field that allowed me to support myself, before I was even done with Grad School. it was like a gift from the gods or something, however this does present a problem for this culminating experience class. Most of the libraries in my area have the same hours that my library has (with the exception of one or two that are open for like an extra hour). I have two days off a week, one of which is Sunday, and none of the libraries in my area are open Sunday, therefor according to my calculations, it would take me like five months of working one day a week to gain the amount of hours that I need, not only that I'd be exhausted working six days a week and I also have another class to take that semester (you know with the tests, and papers and such).

 What to do, what to do. I think I'm going to be reintroducing Monster drinks into my life next semester. Let the games begin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment