Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Morganville Vampires- Review

27266   261122   544257    2295829

I was always a very big fan of Rachel Caine, I accidentally stumbled across her Weather Warden series, and devoured them, along with her Outcast series, and the Revivalist series is still going. Despite all of this, I didn't want to read the Morganville series, something about a town run by vampires just sounded... silly. I resisted until I had a reading assignment for class and I saw that the first Morganville book (Glass Houses) was an option, I considered it an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. I read book 1, then I read book 2 and 3 and 4, and 5, and so on and so forth, I think I'm on book 8 and I still like them. When describing the series I call them fluffy reads, in the best of ways, I don't think they'll win any intellectual awards (although I think a few were on YALSA's reluctant readers list) but they keep teens entertained and reading and that's all that matters.

I like the characters: the school nerd, the goth girl, the stereotypical good guy, and the town bad boy. It's nothing we haven't seen before, but somehow Rachel Caine continues to keep me entertained. At times I want to roll my eyes ask Clair how many times she's going to get kidnapped, or shake Shane and tell him to control his temper, but these kids live in a town run by vampires so what more can we expect. I'm looking forward to when I can read Daylighters and finish this series off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment