Friday, January 23, 2015

Life of a Blogger: Achievements


 photo 93ed5406-2c23-4562-8935-8c077eb7200b_zpsd777ca2c.jpg
What is it?
A Weekly meme hosted by Jessi at Novel Heartbeat.
Rules from Jessi herself!

*Please stick to the topic order on the list. If you want to catch up on old topics that’s fine, but the point is to link up to the same topic all around the blog-o-sphere, so please do not move ahead or change it to your own topic.

This Weeks Topic
Achievements
When I was in undergrad, I was a Theatre Major. I began as a performer, but I let self doubt drive me away from the stage and into the background. As disparaging as that could have been, I was a great Wardrobe Manager (they do quick changes, costume presets, repairs, and things like that). I ended up competing in College Theatre Festival, although there were many costume designers, there were few Wardrobe Managers. It was not only an honor to be invited to do that, I was given an award and Honorable Mention at that festival, and an actually award at the second. I'm pretty proud of what I was able to accomplish. No one ever thinks about Wardrobe Managers, most people have never heard of the positions, it's always "Costume Designer". I was proud to show people that Wardrobe Managers matter. It was a small victory.

0 comments:

Post a Comment