Monday, March 25, 2013

Poetry Month

So March is ending, and next month is National Poetry Month. What are my plans you ask? Well I plan on putting together a small poetry slam. I have a hard time getting the kids in the library to sign up for things so I think the best way to approach this is to get some help from teachers. There is a teacher who comes in every Friday with a different group of kids and he got in touch with some of the English teachers for me and even took some of the flyers to pass around the school.

I'm trying to figure out a way to know who's going to sign up since I don't have the ability to ask them. I was hoping that the teachers could bring it up as they were teaching Poetry next month but they were a month early and the poetry session is done.

Well I have high hopes. I want to get a few kids to read poems in front of parents and friends and then we'll present them with certificates when they're done. There will be low lighting and coffee and our community room already has a stage down there, this could be great, I just have to get them sign up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment