Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Problems

Okay, so back in December I officially began an Anime Club at the library I work at. For quite some time there has been an issue with program attendance, it began before I got there but apparently no one would show up for any of the book clubs or movie viewings. I wasn't working there long before I realized that there were a ton of kids in the area were big into anime and manga. It only made sense that there should be an anime club, every other library seems to have one, so I asked for permission to try it out.

In December three girls and a parent showed up, last month there were 20 people crammed into the room. I was so shocked, we even had boys! So tonight I have another anime club meeting and I've noticed that I'd made a pretty big mistake. I'd chosen all the anime we were going to watch for five months, and they're all pretty girly. Tonight we're watching Air TV and next month is Clannad, then after that it's Honey and Clover. These are all very girly shows, but I'm finding it hard to find shows that don't have swear words, or too much nudity, or too many guns or whatever else might be present that a parent may find offensive.

I'm not sure how to rectify this issue, there's not much I can do about tonight, but I'm trying my hardest to watch more anime and research a bit more on what other clubs are watching and doing, but with all the homework I have right now, it's hard to find the time to sit around and essentially watch cartoons (even though I really really want to).

What's a girl to do???

0 comments:

Post a Comment