Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New York Times YA Bestsellers

For the week of Feb. 17, 2013 Barnes and Noble has posted The New York Times YA Bestsellers and they are:
1. The Fault in Our Stars- John Green
2. Prodigy (Legend Series 2)- Marie Lu
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky
4. Divergent- Veronica Roth
5. Insurgent- Veronica Roth
6. Looking For Alaska- John Green
7. The Book Thief- Markus Zusak
8. Thirteen Reasons Why- Jay Asher
9. Paper Towns- John Green
10. Legend- Marie Lu

I have read only 5 of these, but I have one of them sitting on my book shelf right now calling to me. I clame it on the 22 book assignment. What I read for the next few months is pretty much out of my hands.

But can I just give a round of applause for a second that Looking for Alaska is on the list. I had to read that book for the assignment and I loved it so much I bought it. I can't quite put into words what stuck out of me in that John Green book that the other two that I read (Will Grayson, Will Grayson and The Fault in our Stars) didn't have but I've never been able to get the book out of my head. Maybe it's because I'm constant seeking my Great Perhaps too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment