Thursday, May 8, 2014

Review: The Maze Runner by: James Dashner


6186357


Publisher: Delacorte Press

Pub. Date: October 6, 2009

Format: Audio book

Source:Audible

Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Mystery






""If you ain't scared, you ain't human."

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers--boys whose memories are also gone.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out--and no one's ever made it through alive.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying."
(Goodreads)





As we all know, The Maze Runner is about to be a movie soon. What that means for me in the library, is that soon, just about every teen in my area will want to read it. What that means, is that I need to have read it, so I can talk to these kids and their parents.

I audio booked it, and I liked it, I was sure I would, but now I know for certain. Thomas wakes up in a box in a place called the Glade, he doesn't remember anything other than his name. However, unlike the other boys in the Glade, the more Thomas sees in the Glade, the more he feels like he's been there before. The next day, a girl shows up in the box (a first) and everything is pretty much chaos from there. Everything the Gladers thought they knew was a lie.

Oh and I'd like to take a second to say "I LOVE YOU MINHO!!!!" He's my favorite!!!!

It was actually amazing the way everything fell into place in this book. You don't even realize you're confused about the maze until the big reveal is... revealed. The end of the book was enough to drive me up the wall. I knew that there was more than one book, but I didn't think it would end like that.

Well done James Dashner/ why do you hate me James Dashner. I'm well on my way into finishing the second book. If the world thought the Veronica Roth books had major cliff hangers, James Dashner is right up there with her. He's no joke. I'm off to keep listening. 4 stars.
https://twitter.com/NewbieLib
Follow me on Twitter!

1 comments:

  1. I am really excited to see how this movie comes out! The book was so graphic!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete